2019 UNGA Pan-African Fintech Policy Roundtable
On September 25, 2019, in partnership with the renowned international lawfirm, Orrick, Herrington, & Sutcliff, the team behind the bi-annual AFTS series held a fintech policy-focused roundtable in New York City during the UN General Assembly.
The purpose of the roundtable was to bring together public and private-sector fintech leaders to open channels of communication that would inform fintech policy across the continent. Through the facilitation of collaborative roundtable events, our goal is for these discussions to help drive regulatory harmonization, start the process for a pan-African regulatory sandbox, and spark partnerships that will drive innovation Africa-wide.
iscussion topics included:
- Policy approaches by country and region
- Opportunities and barriers to pan-African integration
- Collaborative models between banks and fintechs
- Status of interoperability projects
- Creation of regulatory sandboxes